Class Newsletters 2019-2020

Second Grade Newsletter

September 16, 2019

St. Paul Lutheran School is committed to engaging students with a comprehensive education grounded in God’s Word to prepare them for a life in Christ.

Rejoice always,  pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

† Fall is coming next week!  We are grateful for the wonderfully warm summer that has just past and look forward to the breathtaking scenery of autumn! We also welcome another great week that God has given us to share our time, talents and His word with others! How will you show your thankfulness as well as share and spread His love this week?

† Spelling for this week will continue to work on long vowel words using different spelling patterns: game, hope, ride, cute, boat, road, tail, rain, each, heat, see, keep. We will have a test on Friday that will be on these words and 2 complete sentences.

MEMORY

TUESDAY:   Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God!    Psalm 143:10

THURSDAY:  The Lord is my strength and my song, and He has become my salvation.    Exodus 15:2

FRIDAY:   I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go.            Genesis 28:15

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

* Chapel is on Wednesday. Rev. Heise will be our speaker; keep him in your prayers as he prepares. This  month, our chapel offerings are going for the St. Paul Giving Tree which helps families at CHRISTmas.

* Our first book order is due on or before September 20.  Remember, you can do this online or pay with a  check made payable to Carol Weber.

* We celebrated Constitution Day is Tuesday. Ask your second grader what they learned.

* Bring in those Boxtops for Education also remember you can scan them directly in on your phone. So let’s  see how well we can do!

* Make sure that you take a look at our class blog. You are able to access this from the St. Paul website (www.stpaul-millington.org ) go to the school tab then to staff, following down to my picture, then click on the word blog. You could also go straight to the blog with this address www.valley2.edublogs.org There are many informational and interesting pages to take a look at.

Blessings on the up-coming week! I ask for your prayers for those affected by the recent hurricanes. I also ask for all of the teachers and staff of St. Paul Lutheran School as we continue to work for God’s kingdom here at St. Paul. Take some time this week to appreciate and show your gratitude for the special gifts God has blessed you with… your family, home, food, etc!

Remember that yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift; use it well!

In  His Service and Committed to Christ,

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.                I Corinthians 10:31

Second Grade Newsletter

September 9, 2019

† Thank you to everyone that came to celebrate our teacher rededication, and celebration for Mrs. Walter and Mrs. Hoskey; what a wonderful day for St. Paul Lutheran!

† This will be our first full week of classes. We continue to work on following directions, making wise time choices, returning work when it is assigned and using the proper speed and quality in getting work finished.

Spelling for this week will work on long vowel words using different spelling patterns: game, hope, ride, cute, boat, road, tail, rain, each, heat, see, keep. We will have a test on Friday that will be on these words and 2 complete sentences.

MEMORY

TUESDAY:  And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to his purpose.  Romans 8:28

THURSDAY:   So those who rely on faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith. Galatians 3:9

FRIDAY:   He who did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all—how will He not also graciously give us all things?  Romans 8:32

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

* Chapel is on Wednesday. Mr. Ayotte will be our speaker; keep him in your prayers as he prepares

* Our first book order is due on or before September 20.  Remember, you can do this online or pay with a check made payable to Carol Weber.

* Our class Accelerated Reader goal for September is 28 points. Everyone in the class is working toward this goal and each child needs to take and pass at least one AR test in September in order for us to get our first goal of the year. READ ON, second graders!

* Each child also has an individual goal to work for throughout the school year until May 15, 2020. Our second grade individual goal is 25 pts. Let’s keep reading!.

* Bring in those Boxtops for Education also remember you can scan them directly in on your phone. So let’s see how well we can do!

* Make sure that you take a look at our class blog. You are able to access this from the St. Paul website (www.stpaul-millington.org ) go to the school tab then to staff, following down to my picture, then click on the word blog. You could also go straight to the blog with this address www.valley2.edublogs.org There are many informational and interesting pages to take a look at.

Blessings on the up-coming week! Take some time this week to appreciate and show your gratitude for the special gifts God has blessed you with… your family, home, food, etc!

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

I Corinthians 10:31

Second Grade Newsletter

September 3, 2019

Rejoice always,  pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.’ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

† The first week of school went well!! As we start our second week, we will be getting into a routine as well as continuing to work on following directions, making wise time choices, and using the proper speed and quality in getting work finished.

† Spelling for this week will continue to review words that we learned last year. We will have a test on Friday that will be on these words and 2 complete sentences.

Memory

WEDNESDAY:  The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.      Genesis 2:15

THURSDAY:  How many are Your works, O Lord!   In wisdom You made them all; the earth is full of Your  creatures.      Psalm 104:24

FRIDAY:       The First Article    I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth.

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

* Please join the St. Paul family this Sunday, September 8, as our teachers are rededicated and we celebrate with Mrs. Walter ~ LCMS Teacher of the Year, and Mrs. Hoskey’s 25th year of service in the  10 a.m. service. There is also a reception in the Parish Hall following the services. It will be wonderful if everyone could join in these celebrations!!!

* Our class Accelerated Reader goal for September is 28 points. Everyone in the class is working toward this goal and each child needs to take and pass at least one AR test in September in order for us to get our first goal of the year. READ ON, second graders! Your child’s individual goal for the quarter is _______ points. This is part of their Reading grade, as well.

* Each child also has an individual goal to work for throughout the school year until May 15, 2020. Our second grade individual goal is coming next week. Let’s keep reading!

* Chapel is on Wednesday. Mr. Schoenknecht will be our speaker; keep him in your prayers as he prepares.

* Bring in those Boxtops for Education, also remember you can now scan them directly in on your phone. So let’s see how well we can do!        

Blessings on the up-coming week! I ask for your prayers for all of the teachers and staff of St. Paul Lutheran School as we continue to work for God’s kingdom here at St. Paul.   Take some time this week to appreciate and show your gratitude for the special gifts God has blessed you with… your family, home, food, etc!

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

I Corinthians 10:31

Second Grade Newsletter

August 26, 2019

† Welcome to Second Grade! It was wonderful seeing many of you at the Open House Sunday! I can’t wait for all of the great things that lie ahead this year.  Remember that we DO NOT have class this Friday or next Monday due to the Labor Day holiday.

† I am looking forward to having your child as a student.  I know that each of the children will be growing in many ways, especially closer to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

† If you are reading this newsletter, you know that it was inside a clear folder with some other information.  You should have found some book order forms, due on or before Sept. 20, and a prayer & pledge sheet.

†  Here is a short explanation of this information:

SECOND GRADE NEWSLETTER

This will contain information about what will happen in class for the up-coming week.  Possible information might include items like Memory verses for the week, when tests will be taken, when we sing in church and when items need to be returned.

ST. PAUL NEWSLETTER

This is a newsletter that will be found on-line at  www.stpaul-millington.org .  It is available on Wednesday of each school week. It includes the happenings for the coming week, sports dates and school lunch menu.

BOOK ORDERS

These will come out once a month.  You are able to purchase as many or as few books as you choose.  I put the due dates for the orders in the class newsletter.  I will order the books and hand them to the children as soon as they arrive.  You may order from the following website  www.scholastic.com. Use the code DVDV6.  If you wish your order to be a gift, please indicate that on the order form that is returned to class and I will notify you when the order comes in.  You may pay with cash or by check, if you chose not to order online.  If you choose to pay by check, please make the check payable to Carol Weber not the book club or the school.

PRAYERS & PLEDGES

These are some of the prayers and pledges we will use in class and as a school during morning announcements and Chapel services.   Please help your child become acquainted with all of these.

† Our first test will be in Spelling this Thursday. This test will be over the some of the words that the  children studied last year; there is a list included in the Come and Go Folder.

† Our Gym days will be Tuesdays and Thursdays in the morning.  Each child needs Gym shoes for classes that are held in the gym; so please have them here as soon as possible because classes begin tomorrow. The children also need to wear comfortable shoes and clothes on Gym days so they can all participate well.  Please remember that this includes appropriate shoes because classes may be held outside, weather permitting, especially in the Fall and Spring of the year.

† We are also beginning Memory this week.  The first verse needs to be learned for tomorrow, Tuesday, August 27.  The students need to know the verse and where it can be found.

TUESDAY:          In the beginning God made the heavens and the earth.                            Genesis 1:1

THURSDAY:      God saw all that He had made and it was very good.                                  Genesis 1:31

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

†  Chapel was today.  Chapel is usually on Wednesdays.  I will let you know of any changes as they arise.  Chapel offerings for this month go toward the St. Paul Giving Tree Fund.

† We are collecting Boxtops for Education labels again this year. This year is a transition from solely clipping the boxtops to scanning your receipts when items are purchased. You are able to get an app. for your Smart Phone. You can also still clip and send them in. This is a classroom competition; so let’s see how well we can do as Second Graders.

† Our first book orders are included in the Come-and-Go folder.  If you choose to order, the forms and money need to be returned to school or ordered on-line by September 20.  Remember, if you are paying with a check to make it payable to Carol Weber.

† Our classes, this year, are having a Coin War. There is an empty container in our room that is labeled “Coin War” where our coins can be placed. The class that has the most at the end of the quarter will get a prize.

† Remember that we also collect empty pop bottles and cans for special projects around the school. There is a container in the entryway by the school office.

Dear Lord,

Please be with each of us, whether we are a parent, child or teacher, this year as we get to learn more about each other, the world around us and especially the precious gift of Your Son.  Also, be with us as we learn about the great gift we gain through His death and resurrection ~ ETERNAL LIFE with You in Heaven!

Keep us in Your care for all we do here at school, at home and while we travel.  Help others to see You in all that we do and say.

Help us to be understanding of each other, especially if misunderstandings arise.  Lord, teach us to forgive and to be forgiven.  Help us remember that in everything we do or wherever we go, it is still all about Jesus and You are ALWAYS with us.

All of these things we ask in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ who is the same yesterday, today and forever!                                            Amen

Remember that yesterday is historytomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift; use it well!

In His Service and Committed to Christ,

Mrs. Carol Weber  :O)

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.    I Corinthians 10:31

Prayers and Pledges

On this page you will find the Lord’s Prayer, pledges to Christian flag and the United States flag, Luther’s Morning Prayer, lunch prayers and prayers we use at the end of the day. If your family has any special prayers you use at home please send them in so we might use them as well. We use these in our school’s Morning Procedures and throughout the school day on a regular basis. Please help your child to become acquainted with all of them.

THE LORD’S PRAYER

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name, Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever and ever.                                                                    Amen.

PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE (United State of America)

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands; one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE (Christian Flag)

I pledge allegiance to the cross of our Lord, Jesus Christ, and to the faith for which it stand; one Savior, King eternal with mercy and grace for all, so help me God.                                 Amen.

LUTHER’S MORNING PRAYER

I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that you would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me that the evil foe may have no power over me.

Amen

LUNCH PRAYERS

Come Lord Jesus, be our guest and let these gifts to us be blest.

Amen.

Oh give thanks unto the Lord for He is good and His mercy endures forever.

Amen.

NOW OUR SCHOOL IS OVER

Now our school is over for another day. Hear us now, dear Jesus, as to You we pray. Through the night be with us in our rest and sleep; make us kind and loving, glad Your Word to keep.

Amen.

FIVE LITTLE ANGELS

Five little angels all around me, one at my head and one at my knee; one to sing and one to pray, one to watch me night and day.                                                                                                        Amen.

This is the page on our blog where you will find our  Second Grade Newsletter. 

This will be updated weekly with important items that you will need to know. It is also the same letter that will be sent home with your child in a weekly Come-N-Go folder.