Class Newsletters 2019-2020

Second Grade Newsletter

March 9,2020

St. Paul Lutheran School is committed to engaging students with a comprehensive education grounded in God’s Word to prepare them for a life in Christ.

Rejoice always,  pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

† Thank you to all of the people that helped make Lutheran Schools Week a great success! I also  would like to thank those of you that helped with the products for the Saginaw Rescue Mission.  MANY people will be helped through your donations.

† Spelling for this week, we will work with the words from Unit 11.  This test is Friday. 

MEMORY

TUESDAY:   Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.                                                                                                                                                           Luke 11:9

THURSDAY:   Hosanna, hosanna!  Come make a joyful noise!  Hosanna, hosanna!  Let all the world rejoice. Hosanna, hosanna!  Let all the people sing!  Hosanna, hosanna!  Praise the King of Kings!

FRIDAY:    The Lord’s Prayer

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

* Chapel is Wednesday afternoon (1:30 p.m.). Please keep Pastor Martinal in prayer as preparations for the service are made.

*Book-It: We set our goals for March last week. Let’s keep the reading and reporting on all the books this month of March!   Let me know if you need more report forms.

* AR for the month of March has started. I am SOOOOOO impressed and proud of my boys and girls…in the first week of March, we have already surpassed the class AR goal for the month! Let’s keep going Second Graders. Remember that the children have until April 3 to reach their third quarter goals.

* Keep scanning/bringing in more Boxtops for Education.  So let’s see how well we can do! 

* Book orders are due this Friday, March 13.

*  PTL Little Caesar Fundraiser information came home last week.

* Remember, the PTL “Luck & Laughter “ night at Willow Springs this weekend.  Tickets are still available for purchase in the office or can also be purchased at the door on Saturday night (6-10 p.m.)

Remember that yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift; use it well!

In  His Service and Committed to Christ,

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.      I Corinthians 10:31

Second Grade Newsletter

March 2,2020

† Thank you to all of the families that helped start Lutheran Schools Week off on the right foot!  The children sounded great and the Bible Study was a real “treasure”.

† This week we have much happening.  Of course, there are the many events for Lutheran Schools Week…something each day as was outlined in the post I sent you. 

MEMORY

TUESDAY:  “  Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.”           John 15:13

THURSDAY:   The Lord is good to all, and His mercy is over all that He has made.                     Psalm 145:9

FRIDAY:  Singing, singing, ringing, ringing, bringing, bringing praise to the King! Waving, waving, swaying, swaying, raising palms of praise!          

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

* Chapel is Wednesday afternoon (1:30 p.m.). Please keep Pastor Bruner in prayer as preparations for the service are made.

* Remember Lutheran Schools Week started yesterday.  There are many special events planned throughout the week. Look at the school newsletter for more information about Lutheran Schools Week.

* For Lutheran Schools Week, March 1-8th, the school will be doing a servant project to help the City of Saginaw Rescue Mission, by filling bags of hope and help.  Our class is collecting body wash for men, women or children as well as hair care products.  These may be brought into the classroom/hallway as soon as you wish, but all supplies will be needed by March 8th.  Thank you for your help!

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

*  Book-It: We set our goals for March on Monday. Let’s keep the reading and reporting on all the books this month of March!   Let me know if you need more report forms.

* AR for the month of March has started; let’s see how we can do this month. Let’s go Second Graders. Remember that the children have until April 3 to reach their third quarter goals.

* Book orders are due this March 13.

* Be looking for the PTL Little Caesar Fundraiser information soon.

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

Second Grade Newsletter

February 24,2020

† There are several things happening this week that you need to be aware of: Lent starts this Wednesday with services for Ash Wednesday at 1:30 & 6:30 p.m. Jump Rope for Heart donations are due back on Friday, and the Solar System Project is due Friday, as well.

† Lutheran Schools Week also starts this Sunday with all the students singing in either service and the intergenerational bible study also happens between services. The children in K-3 are being asked to bring juice and breakfast treats for this Sunday’s Bible Study time.

† Spelling for this week, we will work with the words from Unit 10 on the spelling list. This test is Friday.

MEMORY

TUESDAY:  No one loves me more that Jesus, even more than words can say; through His death and resurrection He took all my sins away.

THURSDAY: Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.Matthew 24:25

FRIDAY: Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.”     John 15:13

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

* Chapel is Wednesday. Please keep our pastor in prayer as he prepares for these services in Lent. Remember that our offerings and “Canister Coins” this month (Friday) are going toward Hearts for Jesus. Just think how we can change the lives of other Children of God with our offerings!

* Remember to get those signed sheet for Jump Rope for Heart in as soon as possible and to get those donations as well; you have until Feb. 28th for the donations.

* Book-It: Let’s keep reading and reporting on all the books that are keeping us warm this month! Book reports will be accepted until March 2 for February Book-its.                                   

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

* Keep working on the Planet Project. This project is due on Friday, Feb. 28. Also remember that your child can add to the computer slides that they are working on during Computer Class. These are two SEPARATE projects.

* Lutheran Schools Week is coming up March 1-8. Your help is needed for several special events. On Monday, Mar. 2, the teachers/staff will be making breakfast again and I need someone to stay with the children as that happens. Please let me know ASAP. For an All-School Servant Project, the school is collecting items for the Saginaw Rescue Mission. The 2nd grade is collecting body washes for men, women and children and hair care products as well. There will be a drop-off in the hall like last year. Thanks!!! Look for more Lutheran Schools Week (LSW) information later this week.

* Bring in/scan those Boxtops for Education and remember the Coin Wars. So let’s see how well we can do on both!

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

Second Grade Newsletter

February 17,2020

† It was wonderful seeing all of the people that came for Moms and Muffins! It’s also great to think about all of the lifetime memories that were made during this event.

† Thank you for all of the Valentine’s Day cards and gifts! Thank you, especially, for sharing your child and their unique ways of sharing their Christian love!

† Spelling for this week, we will work with the words from Unit 10 on the spelling list that came home just a few weeks ago. This test is Friday.

MEMORY

TUESDAY:    Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me.    Luke 18:38

THURSDAY:  Sing to the Lord, bless His name; tell of His salvation from day to day.  Psalm 96:2

FRIDAY:    Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.    I John 3:18

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

* Chapel is Wednesday. Please keep our speaker in prayer as preparations for the service are made. Remember that our offerings and “Canister Coins” this month are going toward Hearts for Jesus. Just think how we can change the lives of other Children of God with our offerings!

* Keep working on the Planet Project. This project will be due on Feb. 28. Also remember that your child can add to the computer slides that they are working on during Computer Class. These are two SEPARATE projects.

* Lutheran Schools Week is coming up March 1-8. Your help is needed for several special events. For an All-School Servant Project, we are collecting items for the Saginaw Rescue Mission. The 2nd grade is collecting body washes for men, women and children and hair care products as well. There will be a drop-off in the hall like last year. On Monday, Mar. 2,  the teachers/staff will be making breakfast again and I need someone to stay with the children as that happens. Please let me know ASAP. Thanks!!!

* Bring in/scan those Boxtops for Education and remember the Penny Wars. So let’s see how well we can do on both!

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

Second Grade Newsletter

February 10,2020

† This week we celebrate Valentine’s Day. Let’s all remember that the love we receive from our heavenly Father needs to be shared every day, not just Feb. 14th!

† Our Valentine’s Day party will be Friday afternoon. Please let me know what you will be sending in to class. Here are the name s of the students in our class: Graycin, Claire, Rylie, Cam, Kolten, Kylie, Aubrey, Gavin, Reilly, and Peyton.

†  Spelling for this week, we will work with the words from Unit 9 on the spelling list. This test is Friday.

† This is Hearts for Jesus month for the Michigan District schools. Your child brought home a canister on Friday for extra change for this campaign. This is in addition to the regular offerings during our chapel services.

† Keep working on the Planet Project, in and outside of class.  This project will be due on Feb. 28.

MEMORY

TUESDAY:    I was lost in shame and sorrow, locked in sin without a key. But the Lord, in love and mercy, sent His Son to set me free.

THURSDAY: See the wondrous love of Jesus cause Him shame and agony, the Almighty, sinless Savior dying on the cross for me.

FRIDAY:    For Your loving sacrifice, Lord, may I every sing Your praise. Help me share Your love with others and to serve You all my days.

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

* Chapel is Wednesday. Please keep our speaker in prayer as preparations for the service are made.  

* Moms and Muffins is Friday from 8:30-9:30 a.m.

* Book orders are due on or before February 14.

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

Second Grade Newsletter

February 3,2020

† Welcome to February, a month that is the time we think about love and this year that is longer by one day, due to leap-year. How can you spread God’s love throughout the month and year?!

Spelling for this week, we will work with the words from Unit 9 on the spelling list that is coming home today. The words for the rest of the year are on this list. This test is Friday.

† This is Hearts for Jesus month for the Michigan District schools. Later this week your child will get a canister for extra change for this campaign. This is in addition to the regular offerings during our chapel services.

† A sheet will be coming home today that explains the Planet Project we will be working on, in and outside of class. This project will be due on Feb. 28.

MEMORY

TUESDAY:    Let me be Your hands, dear Jesus, helping those who come my way. Let me be Your feet, dear Jesus, leading others in Your way.

THURSDAY:  Let me be Your voice, dear Jesus, telling people of Your love. Let me share Your work, dear Jesus, me on earth and You above.

FRIDAY:    Let me be Your ears, dear Jesus, hearing those who cry for help. Let me share in helping others and not just think of myself.          

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

* Book-It: February goals have been set. Let’s keep reading and reporting on all the books that are keeping us warm this month! Book reports will be accepted until March 2 for February Book-its.

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

Second Grade Newsletter

January 27,2020

† Welcome back!!!!! Also, welcome to the third quarter of the school year! Your child will receive their report cards on Friday. Please sign the envelope and return the empty envelope as soon as possible. This would be a good time to check with your child to see if more school supplies are needed                    

† AR goals for the third quarter have been set; your child’s goal is ____ pts. Remember this is a part of each child’s reading grade and they have until the end of the quarter, April 3, to reach that goal.                                                                                                                                                                              

† Spelling for this week, we will work with the words from Unit 8 on the spelling list that came home earlier in the school year. This test is Friday.                                                                                                         

† Look for information about a special Science project next week.

MEMORY

TUESDAY:  Oh give thanks to the Lord for He is good; for His steadfast love endures forever. I Chronicles 16:34

THURSDAY:  Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust and will not be afraid.           Isaiah 12:2    

FRIDAY:  I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in Me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in Me shall never die.    John 11:25-26

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

* Chapel is Wednesday. Keep our speaker in prayer as preparations are made for Chapel.

* Book-It: January is coming quickly to an end. Let’s keep reading and reporting on all the books that are keeping us warm this month! Book reports will be accepted until Feb. 1 for January Book-its..

* Book orders are due on or before Feb. 14.

*  Bring in/scan those Boxtops for Education and remember the Penny Wars. So let’s see how well we can do on both!

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

Second Grade Newsletter

January 21,2020

† Welcome to the last week of the second quarter of the school year. This would be a good time to check with your child to see if more school supplies are needed.

† Thank you to those that sang on Sunday, it was a wonderful way to fill hearts with JOY!

† Remember that there will be ½ days of class on Thursday and Friday. Also remember that the Fish Fry starts at 11:00 a.m. on Friday so pick up your children and pick up lunch.

MEMORY

WEDNESDAY:   Jesus said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.”       Mark 10:14        

THURSDAY:   Faith comes from hearing, and hearing comes through the word of Christ.  Romans 10:17

FRIDAY:  Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, and the conviction of things not seen.   Hebrews 11:1                                            

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

* Book-It: January is coming quickly to an end. Let’s keep reading and reporting on all the books that are keeping us warm this month! Book reports will be accepted until Feb. 1 for January Book-its.

* Remember that the end of the quarter comes this Friday, Jan. 24. That means your child has only until Friday to reach their AR goal for the quarter. This is part of their Reading grade.

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

Second Grade Newsletter

January 13,2020

† Welcome to another brand new week! This week think about how can you spread God’s wonderful Epiphany news and get into His word this week!

Spelling for this week, we will work with the words from Unit 7 on the spelling list that came home earlier in the school year. This test is Friday.

MEMORY

Tuesday:  Jesus Christ is the true God and eternal life.     I John 5:20  

Thursday:  The Son of God appeared in order to take away sins, and in Him there is no sin.   I John 3:5

Friday:   Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstance for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.     I Thessalonians 5:16-18                                           

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

* ALL students (K-8) sing this Sunday at your choice of service.

* Book-It: Our January goals were set last week and a lot of the snowflakes in the room are pretty bare. Please encourage your child to read and do these book reports and AR tests. If you need more report forms, simply ask.

* Book orders for this month are due back on or before this Friday, Jan. 17. You may order on line at www.scholastic.com using code DVDV6, pay with cash or by check. If you choose to pay by check, please make the check payable to Carol Weber not the book club.

* Remember that the end of the quarter comes on Jan. 24. That means your child has about three weeks to reach their AR goal for the quarter. This is part of their Reading grade. Our new January class goal is 25 points ; we have until Jan. 31 to reach this.

* Remember there is NO SCHOOL on Monday due to a teacher conference in Saginaw.

* Bring in/scan those Boxtops for Education. This is a class competition! So let’s see how well we can do!

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

Second Grade Newsletter

January 6,2020

HAPPY NEW YEAR! We start our year celebrating Epiphany. This is when the wise men came to visit Jesus and presented Him with gifts. Let each of us, truly remember to present Jesus with the gift of ourselves, as well as, our time and talents throughout the coming year.           

I would like to thank all of you for your love and generosity over this CHRISTmas season. I truly love each and every gift; but more so the thoughts and sentiment behind each of them! God has truly blessed me with wonderful students and supportive parents!

Since everyone is making New Year’s resolutions, I have a few that I hope you make with your child. One is to be in God’s Word daily. This is important for your child(ren) and you! Next, I urge you to encourage your child to read, do a book report and then take an Accelerated Reader test at school. This will help with your child’s fluency, reading confidence and writing skills.

MEMORY

Tuesday:   Twinkle, twinkle special star you bring wise men from afar, unto Jesus still so small, born the Savior of us all. Twinkle, twinkle special star you bring wise men from afar.

Wednesday:    John said,” Behold the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world.”   John 1:29

Thursday:                                         The Second Article  

And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified died and was buried.

Friday:   He descended into hell. The third day He rose from the dead and ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty. From thence He will come to judge the living and the dead.

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

* Book-It: Our January goals will be set today. More report forms are coming home today; if you need more, simply ask.

* Book orders for this month are due back on or before Jan. 17. You may order on line at www.scholastic.com using code DVDV6, pay with cash or by check. If you choose to pay by check, please make the check payable to Carol Weber not the book club.

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

Second Grade Newsletter

December 16, 2019

† The CHRISTmas season is well underway! Please take time as a family to do Advent devotions and worship the newborn King!

† Welcome the last week of classes for 2019. Chapel will be lead by the students, as a dress rehearsal for the Children’s Service. The first Children’s CHRISTmas service is at 6 p.m. on Wednesday. Our classroom party will be Friday afternoon at 1. Please contact Mrs. Spencer if you can supply things or help.

† The CHRISTmas tree is up in the room, so that means that the children may start to bring in their gift exchanges. The children are on the last week of the “Secret Angel” clues. Make sure that your person DOES NOT see you giving that clue!

† Please remember that the students need to have snow gear when there is snow outside; boots, snow pants /suit, gloves/mittens and a warm coat.  They also need to bring shoes with them to change into after recess because boots are not worn in the room.

† Spelling for this week, we will work with the words Unit 6. The test will be Friday.

MEMORY

TUESDAY:   Hear the Christmas bells resounding! Christmas Day is drawing near! Let their ringing spur our singing, welcoming the Savior dear! Sounding ever, ceaing never, Christ is born, we hear them ring. Sounding ever, ceasing never, Christ is born, the Baby King.

THURSDAY:   For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord!      Luke 2:11

FRIDAY:   She will give birth to a son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus, because He will save His people from their sins.     Matthew 1:21 

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

Chapel is on Wednesday. 

CHRISTmas service is Wednesday, 6 p.m. The children should be in our room at 5:30p.m.

Book-It for the month of December goes through the first day back in January.

AR goal for December is 21 points. We are at 7 points until we reach our goal!!!! Let’s get to it by the end of the week, Second Grade!

Bring in/scan those Boxtops for Education.  This is a class competition! 

Praying the merriest of CHRISTmas for each of you~ Remember that yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift; use it well!

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

Second Grade Newsletter

December 9, 2019

† The CHRISTmas concert on Sunday was a wonderful way to start the celebration of our Savior’s birth. Thank you to everyone that made the concert magnificent!

† The CHRISTmas tree is up in the room, so that means that the children may start to bring in their gift exchanges. Please remember ONLY to put your child’s name on the gift NOT the name of the recipient. The children are now in the second week of the “Secret Angel” clues this week. One clue per week to the person they drew for our exchange. Clues like …I am a boy/girl., I have brown hair., I wear glasses. etc. Make sure that your person DOES NOT see you giving that clue!

† Our Advent services continue this week, at 1:30 & 6:30 p.m., as we all prepare our hearts for Jesus second coming. Next, the students need to have snow gear when there is snow outside; boots, snow pants /suit, gloves/mittens and a warm coat.  They also need to bring shoes with them to change into after recess because boots are not worn in the room and our Gym shoes are to be used only for Gym class.  Another thing for December is that we will be looking for supervision help during the service practices.  Please contact me if you are able to help.   

Spelling for this week, we will work with the words from Unit 6 on the spelling list that came home earlier in the school year. This test is Friday.

† Our class CHRISTmas party will be on Dec. 20th. Mrs. Spencer has graciously volunteered to organize our party. Please let her know as soon as possible if you are able to help: (810) 836-1050.

Memory

TUESDAY:   “Hear ye! Hear ye!” shepherds cry, to spread the happy news.

THURSDAY:   To make us all His precious lambs! This is our story’s close.

FRIDAY:   But now, before we say “Amen!” we’ll sound our happy bells again and shout our praise to God above for sharing with the world His love. A Savior is born!

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

Cherub Choir sings this Sunday in the 8:30 a.m. service. Please have your child in the Little Chapel by 8:15 a.m.

† This Friday, P.T.L. is sponsoring a Family Movie Night that starts at 6 p.m. The movie for the evening is “The Grinch”.

Book orders for this month are due back on or before Dec 12. You may order on line at www.scholastic.com  with the code DVDV6, pay with cash or by check.  If you choose to pay by check, please make the check payable to Carol Weber not the book club. If your order contains items that are gifts please let me know so I don’t give it to your child.

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

Second Grade Newsletter

December 2, 2019

† I pray that your Thanksgiving was filled with many opportunities to share the great blessings that God has showered each of us with each and every day! It was great seeing all of you for Parent/Teacher Conferences! That is definitely something I’m grateful for…wonderful parents to work with when educating your children!

† Welcome to Advent and December!  With the start of this new month there are several things to be aware of for the class.  One of those being more important than others is that Advent services are held every Wednesday at 1:30 & 6:30 p.m.. I look forward to seeing you there as we all prepare our hearts for Jesus second coming. Next, the students need to have snow gear when there is snow outside; boots, snow pants /suit, gloves/mittens and a warm coat.  They also need to bring shoes with them to change into after recess because boots are not worn in the room and our Gym shoes are to be used only for Gym class.  Another thing for December is that we will be looking for supervision help during the service practices.  Please contact me if you are able to help. 

† This Sunday is our annual St. Paul Lutheran Christmas Concert at 4:00 p.m.  Your child IS a part of the Cherub Choir! We need ALL of them in attendance so the songs we have been practicing can sound their very best.  Please have the children dressed in their “Sunday best”. All of the children are expected to be in our room by 3:30 p.m. on Sunday afternoon.  You will pick the children up in the room after the concert as well.  See you there!

† Spelling for this week, we will work with the words from Unit 5 on the spelling list that came home earlier in the school year. This test is Friday.

Memory

TUESDAY:   Away in a manger, no crib for a bed. The little Lord Jesus lay down His sweet head. The stars in the sky look down where He lay, the little Lord Jesus asleep on the hay.

WEDNESDAY:  “I,” said the cow all white and red. “I gave Him my manger for His bed. I gave Him my hay to pillow His head. I,” said the cow all white and red.

THURSDAY:   “I,” said the sheep with curly horn. “I gave Him my wool for His blanket warm. He wore my coat on CHRISTmas morn. I,” said the sheep with curly horn.  

FRIDAY:    All the friendly beasts by some good spell, in the stable warm were glad to tell of the gifts they gave that first CHRISTmas day, to the little Lord Jesus, asleep on the hay…on the hay.

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS           

Our December class goal for AR is 21 points! Keep READING & taking those tests.

Book-It: We will set our December goals. Keep READING & doing those book reports.

† Advent services are Wednesdays at 1:30 p.m & 6:30 p.m..

† The children should start the “Secret Angel” clues this week. One clue per week to the person they drew for our exchange. Clues like …I am a boy/girl., I have brown hair., I wear glasses. etc. Make sure that your person DOES NOT see you giving that clue!

Bring in/scan those Boxtops for Education. So let’s see how well we can do!

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

Second Grade Newsletter

November 18, 2019

† Welcome to another wonder-filled week. This will be the newsletter for two weeks. I look forward to meeting with you next week on Monday or Tuesday. Thank you to Mrs. Spencer, Mrs. Sherman and Mrs. Rosencrants for driving to Millington Pizza & More!

†  This Friday, will be A Thanksgiving Feast DaySecond Grade style. We will learn about what life was like when the pilgrims arrived in the New World. We will make some things and turn into pilgrims and Indians. For Friday,(Nov. 22), each child will need to bring in 2-3 peeled and cored apples for something that we will be eating later that day as we celebrate. If you have any questions please feel free to call or contact me.

† Keep working on those Family Turkey Projects. The project may be returned as soon as it is finished but need to be back by this Wednesday, November 20.

† For those of you that like to get a jump on the shopping season, this newsletter has the name of the classmate your child will have for our CHRISTmas Exchange. Try to keep these gifts in the $5-10 range. As soon as the class tree is up, the children may bring in their exchange gifts, please do not bring them before this time. Please DO NOT put the child’s name to whom it goes, just your child’s name (the giver). Any questions please call.

† This month and next month, our chapel offerings go to the Project: Stranger to help families in the foster care system. Instead of buying for your child’s buddies, please put that money into the offerings for Chapel because theses moneys will go to offset the expenses of what is done in our rooms. Thank you for your understand and help with this project.

Classmate Exchange _____________________________________________

† As part of our anticipation of CHRISTmas, I am also asking that your child give the person they have in class, three anonymous clues, one each week starting Dec. 2nd. These clues may be a simple note, a sweet treat, etc. just to help them figure out who got their name; without actually saying whom they are!

† Spelling for this week, we will work with the words from Unit 5 on the spelling list that came home earlier. This test is Thursday; please note the change.

Memory

TUESDAY: Jesus joy, Jesus joy, bubbles up in my heart. Jesus joy, Jesus joy, the best  part of CHRISTmas! The best part of CHRISTmas!

WEDNESDAY: Baby Boy, Baby Boy, God has come to earth. Baby Boy, Baby Boy, lying in a manger. Lying in a manger.

THURSDAY: Angels sing, angels sing, telling of His birth. Angels sing, angels sing, singing to the shepherds. Singing to the shepherds.

FRIDAY: Wise Men come, Wise Men come, riding from the East. Wise Men come, Wise Men come, bowing down to worship. Bowing down to worship.

TUESDAY: Now thank we all our God with hearts and hands and voices., who wondrous things has done in whom this world rejoices; who from our mother’s arms has led us on our way with countless gifts of love and still is ours today.

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

* Chapel is Wednesday. Please keep our leader, Mr. Smith from Immanuel Frankentrost, in your prayers as preparations are made for the service. This month, our chapel offerings go to the Project: Stranger to help families in the foster care system.

*  Cherub Choir sings this Sunday in the 11 a.m. service.  Please have your child in the Little Chapel by 10:45 a.m. They will come sit with you just before the sermon begins.

* Book-It continues into November. Please have the students return the reports as soon as they have been completed and then signed. If more report forms are needed, please ask.

* Bring in/ scan those Boxtops for Education this is a class competition.

* Please check the school website/Facebook page for the school newsletter. You can click on this link and be connected. St. Paul Parent Page or St. Paul Facebook page .

Have a safe and grateful Thanksgiving holiday! Remember that this newsletter is for the next two weeks! Also, remember that yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift; use it well!

Second Grade Newsletter

November 11, 2019

† Welcome to another wonder-filled week. Today, Monday, Nov. 11, we had the opportunity to thank some of the veterans in our congregation. I would also like to say Happy Veteran’s Day! Thank you, to any of our parents or family members that are veterans, for your service. Make sure to take some time to thank a veteran for their service to the United States and all of her people! Just another thing to be thankful for in our daily lives!

† As Thanksgiving quickly approaching, here is something to try as a family: see if you can find an alphabet full of things to be thankful for from now until Thanksgiving Day.

†  Some of the family turkeys are flying in; take a look. Keep working on those Family Turkey Projects that haven’t made it in yet. The project may be returned as soon as it is finished but need to be back by November 20.

† Report cards will be came home last week. Please sign, empty the envelope and return it as soon as possible. Your Parent-Teacher Conference appointment sheet is inside the report card envelope. These conferences will be November 25 & 26.

Spelling for this week, we will again work with the words from Unit 4 on the spelling list that came home earlier. This test is Friday.  

Memory

TUESDAY: Jesus said, “ Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness.”     Matthew 6:33

WEDNESDAY: In a little stable, far across the sea, was a little baby, just like you and me.

THURSDAY: Not a bed or cradle, not a pillow deep, but a lowly manger was His place to sleep. 

FRIDAY: Oh, I love this Jesus, who was little then, for He surely loves me, little though  I am.

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

* Chapel is Wednesday. Please keep our leader in your prayers as preparations are made for the service. This month, our chapel offerings go to the Project: Stranger to help families in the foster care system.

* Our next book order is due on or before November 15.  Remember, you can do this online at www.scholastic.com with the code DVDV6 or pay with a check made payable to Carol Weber.

* Book-It continues into November. We have set our November goals. Please have the students return the reports as soon as they have been completed and then signed. If more report forms are needed, please ask.

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

Second Grade Newsletter

November 4, 2019

† Welcome to the second quarter of the school year. With the start of the new quarter, please check with your child on how their school supplies are lasting, some things may need replacing.

† Thank you to everyone that went on our Family Field Trip last week. It was cold and wet but I think the children had a good time!

† Your child is bringing home a special family project for the family; this has become a second grade tradition! There is a letter that will explain what the project is all about. This project will be displayed in the hallway as they are completed.Please put your child’s name on the BACK of the project. The project should be returned as soon as it is finished but need to be back by November 20.

† The children have the chance to shop the Dorcas Bazaar on Thursday morning. The items are priced reasonably so the children can purchase some Christmas presents on their own. The children should bring in their shopping money on Thursday morning. Please have the money in a wallet/purse or envelope with your child’s name on the front.

† Report cards will be coming home on Friday. Your Parent-Teacher Conference appointment sheet will be inside the report card envelope. These conferences will be November 25 & 26.

Spelling for this week, we will work with the words from Unit 4 on the spelling list that came home earlier. This test is Friday.

Memory

TUESDAY: Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.    John 15:13

THURSDAY: I have a secret, what can it be? Someone is coming, wait and see!  Come let’s get ready, hurry let’s start! Jesus is coming, open your heart!

FRIDAY: He is our Savior, Jesus is near! Born in a manger, He’ll soon be here! Worship and love Him, I’ll do my part! Jesus is coming, open your heart!

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

* Chapel is Wednesday. Mrs. Ellen Hobson from the Saginaw Recue Ministry will be leading our worship at 9 a.m.; keep her in your prayers as she prepares.

* This month, our chapel offerings go to the Project: Stranger to help families in the foster care system.

* This Tuesday is Election Day, please remember to cast your ballot and take your child so they can experience this civic duty firsthand.

* Our next book order is due on or before Monday, November 15.  Remember, you can do this online at www.scholastic.com with the code DVDV6 or pay with a check made payable to Carol Weber.

* Book-It continues into November. We have set our November goals. Please have the students return the reports as soon as they have been completed and then signed. If more report forms are needed, please ask.

* AR for November started last Friday. Our class has 28 points for November Your child’s new goal for the quarter is ___________ (until Jan. 24). Please remind your child to keep working on his/her individual goal for the quarter; this is part of their reading grade.

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

Second Grade Newsletter

October 23, 2019

† Welcome to Reformation Day, the start of November, end of the quarter and Grandparents Day. We have so many opportunities to count our blessings! Let’s take advantage of those chances that we are given to be thankful for ALL of the things that we are given by our heavenly Father. I would also like to thank you for having your children in church on Sunday to celebrate Reformation Day. It was truly a joyful start to our worship services.

† This is also the last week of the first quarter. Report cards will come home next week; your parent- teacher conference slips will be with the report card. I look forward to meeting with you to discuss the blessing that is your child.

† Friday is also Grandparents Day!!!! We all look forward to spending some time with some VERY special people. Grandparents should go to the Parish Hall where they can have some breakfast treats and coffee before the students pick them up for Chapel. After Chapel, we will spend some class time together before lunch. The day is done after lunch so the children can go home with their grandparents or go to Latchkey.

Spelling for this week, we will work with the words from Unit 3  on the spelling list that came home earlier. Remember you can find all of the spelling word lists on the class blog at www.valley2.edublogs.org This test is Thursday .

Memory

TUESDAY: Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.                  Psalm 119:105

WEDNESDAY:   Luther’s Morning Prayer

I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger, and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me that the evil foe may have no power over me

THURSDAY: For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.   Ephesians 2:8

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

* On Thursday from 5-6 p.m. we will be celebrating “Hall”-O-ween. Please come and travel the halls and share in the fellowship. P.S. Mr. Weber and I will be handing out candy at our house and would love to see you there.

* This Thursday is Reformation Day, when Martin Luther nailed 95 thesis on the church door at Wittenburg, Germany.

* .Chapel is on Friday with Grandparents Day. Pastor Martinal will be leading our worship; keep him in  your prayers as he prepares.

* Book-It continues. The children have until this Friday morning, Nov. 1 to meet their Oct. goals.   Please have the students return the reports as soon as they have been completed and then signed.

* AR for October is going well. Our class has 28 points for October and as of the writing of this newsletter we are at 1.1 pt. to go! Let’s keep up the good of reaching our goal! Please remind your child to keep working on his/her individual goal for the first quarter; this is part of their reading grade.

* Family Group Field Trip is this Thursday. If you will be driving, a slip will come home on Tuesday that needs to be filled out and returned on Wednesday morning. If you signed up to go and don’t receive a slip know that you are a chaperone.

* Bring in/ scan those Boxtops for Education this is a class competition. So let’s see how well we can do!

* Please check the school website/Facebook page for the school newsletter. You can click on this link and be connected. St. Paul Parent Page or St. Paul Facebook page .

Lord, I ask that you keep all of the students, teachers and staff in Your protecting arms. Keep all of Your children steadfast in Your word. Thank you, Lord, for all of the wonders that you place in our paths throughout the course of our days.

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

Second Grade Newsletter

October 21, 2019

† Welcome to the start of another blessed week! This week, we have a shorter week, with a half-day on Friday. Classes will be dismissed at 11:15 a.m. The pick up procedure will be as it is on a normal day of school.

Spelling for this week, we will work with the words from Unit 3 on the spelling list that came home earlier. Remember you can find all of the spelling word lists on the class blog at www.valley2.edublogs.org This test is Friday.

Memory

TUESDAY:  The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; He knows those who take refuge in Him.   Nahum 1:7

THURSDAY:  God said,” You will call upon Me and come pray to Me, and I will hear you.” Jeremiah 29:12

FRIDAY:   Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.   Psalm 37:4

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

* Chapel is on Wednesday. Mr. Mike Redford, from Wellsprings, will lead our worship; keep  him in your prayers as he prepares. This month, our chapel offerings go to Project: Thirst. Remember  to bring in you bottled water to the office and watch the wall as it grows in the Parish Hall.

* Book-It  continues. The children have until the morning of Nov. 1 to meet their Oct. goals. Please  have the students return the reports as soon as they have been completed and then signed.

* AR for October is going well. Our class has 28 points for October and as of the writing of this newsletter we are at 8.5 pt. to go!  Let’s keep up the good of reaching our goal! Please remind your child to keep working on his/her individual goal for the first quarter; this is part of their reading grade.

* Family Group Field Trip slips are due Oct. 25.

* Please return the Grandparents Day slips as soon as possible.

* Empty Bowls a community project the 3rd graders put on, is  this Thursday. $10 gets you a home- cooked soup dinner and a handmade bowl. This is a great way to help others and get a preview of what  your child will be involved with next year at this time.

* Please check the school website/Facebook page for the school newsletter. You can click on this  link and be connected. St. Paul Parent Page or St. Paul Facebook page .

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

Second Grade Newsletter

October 14, 2019

† Happy Columbus Day! I pray that we all DISCOVER many wonderful things this week as we look to our heavenly Father with grateful eyes in many areas of our lives and in His world. Keep your eyes and minds open for those for all of the awesome discoveries!

† Spelling for this week, we will work with the words from Unit 2 on the spelling list that came home earlier. Remember you can find all of the spelling word lists on the class blog at www.valley2.edublogs.org This test is Friday.

Memory

We are back to an almost normal Memory schedule.

TUESDAY:   Remember the wondrous works that the Lord has done.                I Chronicles 16:12

THURSDAY: Blessed be the Lord, for He has wondrously shown His steadfast love to me.  Psalm 31:21

FRIDAY:  The Lord your God fights for you, just as He promised.               Joshua 23:10

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

* Chapel is on Wednesday. Mr. Zill from Valley Lutheran High School will lead our worship; keep  him in your prayers as he prepares. This month, our chapel offerings go to Project: Thirst. Remember  to bring in you bottled water to the office and watch the wall as it grows in the Parish Hall.

* AR for October is going well. Our class has 28 points for October and as of the writing of this  newsletter we are at 15.5 pt. to go! There are some students that have NOT taken and passed an  AR test, which is also required by Oct 31. Let’s keep up the good of reaching our goal! Please remind your child to keep working on his/her individual goal for the first quarter; this is part of  their reading grade.

* Our next book order is due on or before Friday, October 18.  Remember,  www.scholastic.com with the code DVDV6 or pay with a check made payable to Carol Weber.

* Bring in/scan those Boxtops for Education, this is a class competition. So let’s see how well we can do!

* Empty Bowls, a community project the 3rd graders put on, is next Thursday. $10 gets you a home- cooked soup dinner and a handmade bowl. This is a great way to help others and get a preview of what your child will be involved with next year at this time.

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

Second Grade Newsletter

October 7, 2019

† Welcome to another blessed week! How can you and your family put “Feet to your Faith” this week?

Spelling for this week, we will work with the words from Unit 2 on the spelling list. Remember you can find all of the spelling word lists on the class blog at www.valley2.edublogs.org This test is Friday.

MEMORY

We are learning about Moses, the Exodus and the travels of the Israelites through the desert. So, we will be studying the 10 Commandments this week. That means we will be learning a commandment a day; which also means Memory every day of the week. Please note the change. 

TUESDAY:    The Seventh Commandment

You shall not steal.      Exodus 20:15

WEDNESDAY:     The Eighth Commandment

You shall not bear false testimony against your neighbor.      Exodus 20:16

THURSDAY:    The Ninth Commandment

You shall not covet your neighbor’s house.        Exodus 20:17

FRIDAY:    The Tenth Commandment

You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor .       Exodus 20:17

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

* Chapel is on Wednesday. Pastor Bruner will be our speaker; keep him in your prayers as he prepares. This month, our chapel offerings go to Project: Thirst. Remember to bring in you bottled water to the  office and watch the wall as it grows in the Parish Hall.

* This Thursday, the school will be “Pinking-Out” the school to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Let’s see how PINK we can make it Thursday.

* Our Family Group field trip is coming up on Oct. 31. Remember slips and money needs to be in by Oct.25th.  Also, ANY ADULT going on our trip MUST be iChatted through the school office. So, if you were not “chatted” at registration, please bring your drivers license to the office and get that taken care of… it will be good through the school year.

* Book-It continues. The children have until the morning of Nov. 1 to meet their Oct. goals. Please   have the students return the reports as soon as they have been completed and then signed.

* AR for October is going well. Our class has 28 points for October! There are some students that have NOT taken and passed an AR test, which is also required by Oct 31. Let’s keep up the good of reaching    our goal! Please remind your child to keep working on his/her individual goal for the first quarter; this  is part of their reading grade.

* Bring in or scan those Boxtops for Education ;this is a class competition. So let’s see how well we can do!

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

Second Grade Newsletter

September 30, 2019

† Welcome to the start of another wonderful autumnal month and week that God has given us to share our time, talents and His word with others. Thank you for having the children at the early church service on Sunday. The Cherub Choir helped start the service with enthusiasm for our sharing our faith.

† Spelling for this week, we will again work with the words from Unit 1 on the spelling list that came home last week. Remember that you can find all of the spelling words lists on the class blog at www.valley2.edublogs.org . This test is Friday that will be on these words and 2 complete sentences.

Memory

We are learning about Moses, the Exodus and the travels of the Israelites through the desert. So, we will be studying the 10 Commandments this week and next. That means we will be learning a commandment a day; that means Memory every day of the week. Please note the change.

TUESDAY:  The Second Commandment

You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.    Exodus 20:7

WEDNESDAY:    The Third Commandment

Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.              Exodus 20:8

THURSDAY:   The Fourth Commandment

Honor your father and your mother.                                 Exodus 20:12

FRIDAY:   The Fifth Commandment

You shall not murder.                                                           Exodus 20:13

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

* Chapel is on Wednesday. Pastor Steele from St. Paul in Caro will be our speaker; keep him in your prayers as he prepares. This month, our chapel offerings are going for the Project:THIRST ~ Packaged bottled water for some people in Flint. Watch our “Wall of Water” in the Parish Hall as it grows throughout the month. Collection goes through Nov.1.

* Book-It begins tomorrow. We have set our goals for the month and report forms and information has been included in the Come & Go Folder. Please have the students return the reports as soon as they have been completed and then signed.

* AR for October also begins tomorrow. Our class goal is being set. Let’s keep up the good work of reaching our goal! Please remind your child to keep working on his/her individual goal for the first quarter. This is part of their reading grade.

* As your child comes home on Wednesday, ask them what they did with their Family Buddy.

* Our next book order is due on or before Friday, October 18.  Remember, you can do this online or pay with a check made payable to Carol Weber.

* Bring in/scan those Boxtops for Education this is a class competition. So let’s see how well we can do!

* School pictures will be next Tuesday. 📷

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

Second Grade Newsletter

September 23, 2019

† Welcome to the start of a new season, week and opportunity for each of us to share God’s wonderful word and promise with everyone we meet! How will you show your gratitude as well as share and spread His love this week?

Spelling for this week we will work with the words from Unit 1 on the new spelling list that is coming home today (yellow sheet). Remember that you can find all of the spelling words lists on the class blog at www.valley2.edublogs.org . This test is Friday that will be on these words and 2 complete sentences.

MEMORY

TUESDAY:  Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.           Matthew 5:44

THURSDAY:  Do not worry about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.                  Philippians 4:6

FRIDAY: For You, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call on You.  Psalm 86:5

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS 

* Chapel is on Wednesday. Mrs. Bach will be our speaker; keep her in your prayers as she prepares. This  month, our chapel offerings are going for the St. Paul Giving Tree which helps families at CHRISTmas.

* Thank you !!! ❤️ You filled what we needed for the meals for Project: Hunger so quickly!

* The Cherub Choir sings this Sunday in the 8:30 a.m. service. Please have your child in the little chapel by 8:15 a.m.so we can warm up. The children will come to sit with their family just before the sermon.

* Remember that the PTL “Midnight at the Masquerade” dinner theater is this Saturday starting at 5:30 p.m. Hope  to see many of you there!

* There is a new Spelling list that is coming home today. We will use this for the first sememster.

* Book orders were place this weekend. As soon as they come in, I will hand them to your child.

* Bring in those Boxtops for Education also remember you can scan them directly in on your phone. So let’s see how well we can do!

* Make sure that you take a look at our class blog. You are able to access this from the St. Paul website (www.stpaul-millington.org ) go to the school tab then to staff, following down to my picture, then click on the word blog. You could also go straight to the blog with this address www.valley2.edublogs.org There are many informational and interesting pages to take a look at.

Lord, I ask that you keep all of the students, teachers and staff in Your protecting arms. Keep the 6th graders as well as their chaperones, as they travel on their field trip and learn of Your world. Thank you, Lord, for all of the wonders that you place in our paths throughout the course of our days. Amen.

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

Second Grade Newsletter

September 16, 2019

† Fall is coming next week!  We are grateful for the wonderfully warm summer that has just past and look forward to the breathtaking scenery of autumn! We also welcome another great week that God has given us to share our time, talents and His word with others! How will you show your thankfulness as well as share and spread His love this week?

† Spelling for this week will continue to work on long vowel words using different spelling patterns: game, hope, ride, cute, boat, road, tail, rain, each, heat, see, keep. We will have a test on Friday that will be on these words and 2 complete sentences.

MEMORY

TUESDAY:   Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God!    Psalm 143:10

THURSDAY:  The Lord is my strength and my song, and He has become my salvation.    Exodus 15:2

FRIDAY:   I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go.            Genesis 28:15

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

* Chapel is on Wednesday. Rev. Heise will be our speaker; keep him in your prayers as he prepares. This  month, our chapel offerings are going for the St. Paul Giving Tree which helps families at CHRISTmas.

* Our first book order is due on or before September 20.  Remember, you can do this online or pay with a  check made payable to Carol Weber.

* We celebrated Constitution Day is Tuesday. Ask your second grader what they learned.

* Bring in those Boxtops for Education also remember you can scan them directly in on your phone. So let’s  see how well we can do!

* Make sure that you take a look at our class blog. You are able to access this from the St. Paul website (www.stpaul-millington.org ) go to the school tab then to staff, following down to my picture, then click on the word blog. You could also go straight to the blog with this address www.valley2.edublogs.org There are many informational and interesting pages to take a look at.

Blessings on the up-coming week! I ask for your prayers for those affected by the recent hurricanes. I also ask for all of the teachers and staff of St. Paul Lutheran School as we continue to work for God’s kingdom here at St. Paul. Take some time this week to appreciate and show your gratitude for the special gifts God has blessed you with… your family, home, food, etc!

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.                I Corinthians 10:31

Second Grade Newsletter

September 9, 2019

† Thank you to everyone that came to celebrate our teacher rededication, and celebration for Mrs. Walter and Mrs. Hoskey; what a wonderful day for St. Paul Lutheran!

† This will be our first full week of classes. We continue to work on following directions, making wise time choices, returning work when it is assigned and using the proper speed and quality in getting work finished.

Spelling for this week will work on long vowel words using different spelling patterns: game, hope, ride, cute, boat, road, tail, rain, each, heat, see, keep. We will have a test on Friday that will be on these words and 2 complete sentences.

MEMORY

TUESDAY:  And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to his purpose.  Romans 8:28

THURSDAY:   So those who rely on faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith. Galatians 3:9

FRIDAY:   He who did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all—how will He not also graciously give us all things?  Romans 8:32

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

* Chapel is on Wednesday. Mr. Ayotte will be our speaker; keep him in your prayers as he prepares

* Our first book order is due on or before September 20.  Remember, you can do this online or pay with a check made payable to Carol Weber.

* Our class Accelerated Reader goal for September is 28 points. Everyone in the class is working toward this goal and each child needs to take and pass at least one AR test in September in order for us to get our first goal of the year. READ ON, second graders!

* Each child also has an individual goal to work for throughout the school year until May 15, 2020. Our second grade individual goal is 25 pts. Let’s keep reading!.

* Make sure that you take a look at our class blog. You are able to access this from the St. Paul website (www.stpaul-millington.org ) go to the school tab then to staff, following down to my picture, then click on the word blog. You could also go straight to the blog with this address www.valley2.edublogs.org There are many informational and interesting pages to take a look at.

Blessings on the up-coming week! Take some time this week to appreciate and show your gratitude for the special gifts God has blessed you with… your family, home, food, etc!

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

I Corinthians 10:31

Second Grade Newsletter

September 3, 2019

Rejoice always,  pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.’ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

† The first week of school went well!! As we start our second week, we will be getting into a routine as well as continuing to work on following directions, making wise time choices, and using the proper speed and quality in getting work finished.

† Spelling for this week will continue to review words that we learned last year. We will have a test on Friday that will be on these words and 2 complete sentences.

Memory

WEDNESDAY:  The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.      Genesis 2:15

THURSDAY:  How many are Your works, O Lord!   In wisdom You made them all; the earth is full of Your  creatures.      Psalm 104:24

FRIDAY:       The First Article    I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth.

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

* Please join the St. Paul family this Sunday, September 8, as our teachers are rededicated and we celebrate with Mrs. Walter ~ LCMS Teacher of the Year, and Mrs. Hoskey’s 25th year of service in the  10 a.m. service. There is also a reception in the Parish Hall following the services. It will be wonderful if everyone could join in these celebrations!!!

* Our class Accelerated Reader goal for September is 28 points. Everyone in the class is working toward this goal and each child needs to take and pass at least one AR test in September in order for us to get our first goal of the year. READ ON, second graders! Your child’s individual goal for the quarter is _______ points. This is part of their Reading grade, as well.

* Each child also has an individual goal to work for throughout the school year until May 15, 2020. Our second grade individual goal is coming next week. Let’s keep reading!

* Chapel is on Wednesday. Mr. Schoenknecht will be our speaker; keep him in your prayers as he prepares.

* Bring in those Boxtops for Education, also remember you can now scan them directly in on your phone. So let’s see how well we can do!        

Blessings on the up-coming week! I ask for your prayers for all of the teachers and staff of St. Paul Lutheran School as we continue to work for God’s kingdom here at St. Paul.   Take some time this week to appreciate and show your gratitude for the special gifts God has blessed you with… your family, home, food, etc!

Mrs. Carol Weber :0)

I Corinthians 10:31

Second Grade Newsletter

August 26, 2019

† Welcome to Second Grade! It was wonderful seeing many of you at the Open House Sunday! I can’t wait for all of the great things that lie ahead this year.  Remember that we DO NOT have class this Friday or next Monday due to the Labor Day holiday.

† I am looking forward to having your child as a student.  I know that each of the children will be growing in many ways, especially closer to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

† If you are reading this newsletter, you know that it was inside a clear folder with some other information.  You should have found some book order forms, due on or before Sept. 20, and a prayer & pledge sheet.

†  Here is a short explanation of this information:

SECOND GRADE NEWSLETTER

This will contain information about what will happen in class for the up-coming week.  Possible information might include items like Memory verses for the week, when tests will be taken, when we sing in church and when items need to be returned.

ST. PAUL NEWSLETTER

This is a newsletter that will be found on-line at  www.stpaul-millington.org .  It is available on Wednesday of each school week. It includes the happenings for the coming week, sports dates and school lunch menu.

BOOK ORDERS

These will come out once a month.  You are able to purchase as many or as few books as you choose.  I put the due dates for the orders in the class newsletter.  I will order the books and hand them to the children as soon as they arrive.  You may order from the following website  www.scholastic.com. Use the code DVDV6.  If you wish your order to be a gift, please indicate that on the order form that is returned to class and I will notify you when the order comes in.  You may pay with cash or by check, if you chose not to order online.  If you choose to pay by check, please make the check payable to Carol Weber not the book club or the school.

PRAYERS & PLEDGES

These are some of the prayers and pledges we will use in class and as a school during morning announcements and Chapel services.   Please help your child become acquainted with all of these.

† Our first test will be in Spelling this Thursday. This test will be over the some of the words that the  children studied last year; there is a list included in the Come and Go Folder.

† Our Gym days will be Tuesdays and Thursdays in the morning.  Each child needs Gym shoes for classes that are held in the gym; so please have them here as soon as possible because classes begin tomorrow. The children also need to wear comfortable shoes and clothes on Gym days so they can all participate well.  Please remember that this includes appropriate shoes because classes may be held outside, weather permitting, especially in the Fall and Spring of the year.

† We are also beginning Memory this week.  The first verse needs to be learned for tomorrow, Tuesday, August 27.  The students need to know the verse and where it can be found.

TUESDAY:          In the beginning God made the heavens and the earth.                            Genesis 1:1

THURSDAY:      God saw all that He had made and it was very good.                                  Genesis 1:31

SOME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

†  Chapel was today.  Chapel is usually on Wednesdays.  I will let you know of any changes as they arise.  Chapel offerings for this month go toward the St. Paul Giving Tree Fund.

† We are collecting Boxtops for Education labels again this year. This year is a transition from solely clipping the boxtops to scanning your receipts when items are purchased. You are able to get an app. for your Smart Phone. You can also still clip and send them in. This is a classroom competition; so let’s see how well we can do as Second Graders.

† Our first book orders are included in the Come-and-Go folder.  If you choose to order, the forms and money need to be returned to school or ordered on-line by September 20.  Remember, if you are paying with a check to make it payable to Carol Weber.

† Our classes, this year, are having a Coin War. There is an empty container in our room that is labeled “Coin War” where our coins can be placed. The class that has the most at the end of the quarter will get a prize.

† Remember that we also collect empty pop bottles and cans for special projects around the school. There is a container in the entryway by the school office.

Dear Lord,

Please be with each of us, whether we are a parent, child or teacher, this year as we get to learn more about each other, the world around us and especially the precious gift of Your Son.  Also, be with us as we learn about the great gift we gain through His death and resurrection ~ ETERNAL LIFE with You in Heaven!

Keep us in Your care for all we do here at school, at home and while we travel.  Help others to see You in all that we do and say.

Help us to be understanding of each other, especially if misunderstandings arise.  Lord, teach us to forgive and to be forgiven.  Help us remember that in everything we do or wherever we go, it is still all about Jesus and You are ALWAYS with us.

All of these things we ask in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ who is the same yesterday, today and forever!                                            Amen

Remember that yesterday is historytomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift; use it well!

In His Service and Committed to Christ,

Mrs. Carol Weber  :O)

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.    I Corinthians 10:31

Prayers and Pledges

On this page you will find the Lord’s Prayer, pledges to Christian flag and the United States flag, Luther’s Morning Prayer, lunch prayers and prayers we use at the end of the day. If your family has any special prayers you use at home please send them in so we might use them as well. We use these in our school’s Morning Procedures and throughout the school day on a regular basis. Please help your child to become acquainted with all of them.

THE LORD’S PRAYER

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name, Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever and ever.                                                                    Amen.

PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE (United State of America)

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands; one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE (Christian Flag)

I pledge allegiance to the cross of our Lord, Jesus Christ, and to the faith for which it stand; one Savior, King eternal with mercy and grace for all, so help me God.                                 Amen.

LUTHER’S MORNING PRAYER

I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that you would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me that the evil foe may have no power over me.

Amen

LUNCH PRAYERS

Come Lord Jesus, be our guest and let these gifts to us be blest.

Amen.

Oh give thanks unto the Lord for He is good and His mercy endures forever.

Amen.

NOW OUR SCHOOL IS OVER

Now our school is over for another day. Hear us now, dear Jesus, as to You we pray. Through the night be with us in our rest and sleep; make us kind and loving, glad Your Word to keep.

Amen.

FIVE LITTLE ANGELS

Five little angels all around me, one at my head and one at my knee; one to sing and one to pray, one to watch me night and day.                                                                                                        Amen.

This is the page on our blog where you will find our  Second Grade Newsletter. 

This will be updated weekly with important items that you will need to know. It is also the same letter that will be sent home with your child in a weekly Come-N-Go folder.